- The first national agricultural high-tech industry demonstration zone in China
- National Food Safety Demonstration City
- The only free trade zone with distinctive agricultural characteristics among all pilot free trade zones of China
- National Mass Entrepreneurship and Innovation Demonstration Base
- The significant birthplace of Chinese agriculture civilization
- National Modern Agriculture Industrial Park
- Well-known “Agricultural City” in China and at abroad
- Nationally Designated Eco-Demonstration Zone
- The host city of “China Yangling Agri Hi-Tech Fair”, one of the four science and technology exhibitions with the key support of our country
- Foreign Aid Training Base for Chinese Dry Farming Techniques
The Administrative Committee of Yangling Agricultural High-tech Industry Demonstration Zone as a directly affiliated resident institution of Shaanxi Provincial People’s Government and a public institution at department level, has the administrative power of prefecture level and economic power of provincial level. With a total area of 135km2 and a total population of 240,000, Yangling Agricultural High-tech Industry Demonstration Zone subordinates an institution of county level - Yangling District. Yangling District People’s Government subordinates Yangling Subdistrict Office, Litai Subdistrict Office, Dazhai Subdistrict Office, Wuquan Town, Rougu Town, 55 administrative villages and 23 communities.
Yangling Subdistrict Office
In March 1984, after canceling Yangling Commune, Yangling Subdistrict Office and Yangcun Township were respectively established at the southwest area and northeast area of original Yangling Commune. On June 27, 2011, Yangling Subdistrict Office after adjustment and combination was officially listed. After the comprehensive reform of towns and villages in 2015, Yangling Subdistrict Office subordinates 13 administrative villages, one resident community and three urban communities.
Litai Subdistrict Office
In March 1984, after canceling Yangling Commune, Litai Township was established in the south area of the original commune. In June 2011, Litai Township was canceled to establish Litai Subdistrict Office, with 10 subordinating plate-type communities, three unit communities and one administrative village.
Dazhai Subdistrict Office
In March 1984, after canceling Yangling Commune, Dazhai Township was established in the northwest area of the original commune. On June 3, 2011, Dazhai was transferred from township to town and officially listed. On April 30, 2015, Dazhai Town was canceled to establish Dazhai Subdistrict Office, which was also officially listed. It subordinates six administrative villages and three communities.
In November 1982, Wuquan Commune was allocated to Yangling District from Fufeng County of Baoji City, and Wuquan Township was established. In July 1998, Wuquan Township was canceled to establish Wuquan Town, subordinating 20 administrative villages, one community and 77 villager groups.
In August 2008, Rougu Township was allocated to Yangling District from Fufeng County of Baoji City. On June 3, 2011, Rougu was transferred from township to town and officially listed. It subordinates 15 administrative villages, one rural community and 78 villager groups.